The Rest of the Story
Do you want to be a church that is changing a city? A group of Believers changing their
environment wherever they go? Do you want to be part of a major move of God?
A move divine and not man-made or marketed? A ministry where people are not projects and
programs? A ministry of discipleship not substituted or masked? A church based on the principles of
biblical reproduction found only in God’s Word.
29 The very next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and yelled out, 30 “Here he is, God’s Passover Lamb! He forgives the sins of the world! This is the man I’ve been talking about, ‘the One who comes after me but is really ahead of me.’ 31 I knew nothing about who he was — only this: that my task has been to get Israel ready to recognize him as the God-Revealer. That is why I came here baptizing with water, giving you a good bath and scrubbing sins from your life so you can get a fresh start with God.”
32 John clinched his witness with this: “I watched the Spirit, like a dove flying down out of the sky, making himself at home in him. 33 I repeat, I know nothing about him except this: The One who authorized me to baptize with water told me, ‘The One on whom you see the Spirit come down and stay, this One will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 That’s exactly what I saw happen, and I’m telling you, there’s no question about it: This is the Son of God. “Come, See for Yourself.
35 The next day John was back at his post with two disciples, who were watching. 36 He looked up, saw Jesus walking nearby, and said, “Here he is, God’s Passover Lamb.”
37 The two disciples heard him and went after Jesus. 38 Jesus looked over his shoulder and said to them, “What are you after? “They said, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are you staying?”
39 He replied, “Come along and see for yourself.”
They came, saw where he was living, and ended up staying with him for the day. It was late afternoon when this happened.
40 Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard John’s witness and followed Jesus. 41 The first thing he did after finding where Jesus lived was find his own brother, Simon, telling him, “We’ve found the Messiah” (that is, “Christ”). 42 He immediately led him to Jesus.
Jesus took one look up and said, “You’re John’s son, Simon? From now on your name is Cephas” (or Peter, which means “Rock”).
43 The next day Jesus decided to go to Galilee. When he got there, he ran across Philip and said, “Come, follow me.” 44 (Philip’s hometown was Bethsaida, the same as Andrew and Peter.) 45 Philip went and found Nathanael and told him, “We’ve found the One Moses wrote of in the Law, the One preached by the prophets. It’s Jesus, Joseph’s son, the one from Nazareth!” 46 Nathanael said, “Nazareth? You’ve got to be kidding.”But Philip said, “Come, see for yourself.” 47 When Jesus saw him coming he said, “There’s a real Israelite, not a false bone in his body.”48 Nathanael said, “Where did you get that idea? You don’t know me.” Jesus answered, “One day, long before Philip called you here, I saw you under the fig tree.” 49 Nathanael exclaimed, “Rabbi! You are the Son of God, the King of Israel!”50 Jesus said, “You’ve become a believer simply because I say I saw you one day sitting under the fig tree? You haven’t seen anything yet! 51 Before this is over you’re going to see heaven open and God’s angels descending to the Son of Man and ascending again.”
(from THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language © 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. All rights reserved.)
We must ask ourselves a question.
We must ask ourselves what are we reproducing and demonstrating to the world as ambassadors of His
Kingdom and Representatives of the King?
We are commanded to be a growing body of believers known as possess-ionals not just profess-ionals.
What are we to be?
What are we to be to the world in which we live according to the scriptures?
- A ministry ordained to serve and promised to change you and your environment for eternity.
- A Presence recognized and remembered by all who come in contact with God’s People.
- A Word bringing hope and building faith in everyone who responds to God’s invitation to come and receives His love, His Son, His forgiveness, and the abundant lifestyle now, and in the future eternal life.
- A people hungering for more of God and His Word than ever before reading it daily.
- A church thirsting for more of the Presence and power of His Holy Spirit never to be quenched.
- A vessel of God desiring to be used to transform broken and hopeless situations and circumstances experienced by those under the deception of sin, sickness, poverty, and a Christ-less eternity.
- A Body of believers driven by compassion for the lost and hurting that keeps you up at night travailing in prayer and asking God is there more we can do.
- A demonstration of signs, wonders, and miracles which is to follow us as believers bringing glory to God our Heavenly Father.
What are we to be?
- A life of celebration consistent with wholeness, health, peace, and prosperity in all areas of living resulting in joy as the God we serve transforms people who live by faith loving and serving Him.
- A Light brightly shining daily to those living in darkness and know only loneliness and despair.
- A commitment denying self and placing the Will of God and His love for the lost a priority.
- A servant to King Jesus, His Kingdom, and His command to love and submit to one another as His church, the Body of Christ.
I know this lifestyle can sound impossible and overcoming to all of us. But the Word says, “Nothing is impossible with God.”
We must learn to trust God who called us into a committed, compassionate, selfless, and serving position. As His representatives, we are to be submitting to His Holy Word, His Will, and His Holy Spirit. He is the One who has commanded us to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey all things He has commanded us. Yes and then He said, “Lo, I am with You always even unto the end of the world.”
We must replace our fear of failure with our Faith in God.
The Divine Plan
If we are to effectively bring Godly change to our communities, cities, states, and nations of the world, we must begin with each individual Believer having an effect on each person God brings into our lives. Whether it be just a moment, hour, day, or more we must speak to them with words that are filled with compassion, concern, and commitment as Christ leads us to speak.
- Then and only then we will see the Kingdom of God come to earth as it is in heaven here and now.
- Then and only then we will see the signs, wonders, and miracles following us as believers.
- Then and only then will the World know Jesus and the difference He makes in our daily lives giving us an abundant and Godly lifestyle.
Get N2 Jesus….Let Jesus get N2 you.
Dr. David and Linda Kelso n2jesusministries.com